Christine Bongiovanni-Stiff Coaching

Welcome to my blog page! I am a life coach who has been transforming the lives of women for over 30 years by showing them how to develop self confidence. You can book your free consultation coaching session or go check out my website. I look forward to changing your life, forever!

One Thing You Can Do Today To End Negative Body Image Self Talk


Let me tell you a little secret.

It's been almost a year since I've looked in the mirror and didn't like what I saw.

Most of my life I have done everything I could to change what I thought was unacceptable about myself.

I exercised.

Educated myself.

I learned how to eat right.

I read self help books.

I learned the latest and greatest makeup tricks.

You know what? None of it mattered. I could always find something negative about myself.

I was never good enough, no matter what anyone else told be, they were all liars.

What changed?

I told myself enough was enough.

I told myself that if God created me exactly the way He did, then it was time to stop arguing with reality and start taking the steps of falling in love with myself.

This might be one of the most difficult things I've done in my life, and I've overcome some pretty rough obstacles, but it has definitely been the second best thing I've done in my life, right after accepting Jesus as my Savior.

Now it's my mission to help you do the same so let me share my one tip to get you started.

Just decide.

This may make you mad.

This might not be the magic answer you were looking for.

This though IS the magic answer because my guess is that you've never really tried.

You see you have conditioned yourself to believe, one thought at a time, that this isn't true. That you are not enough. That you just haven't gotten to the right weight. That you haven't found the right diet. That you haven't found the right esthetician. That you haven't found the right product or the right supplement.

Today I suggest that you start noticing your negative self talk. 

That is the first step:

Awareness.

Start becoming aware of every time you say something negative about yourself. 

I suggest you start a note on your phone and write down every time you tell yourself that you hate your hair, hate your butt, hate your lips, hate your posture, hate your face, hate your body.

Then decide that you won't allow this any more.

Find a bridge thought.

You are absolutely correct. You cannot go from "I hate my body." to "I am absolutely beautiful.", that is why I suggest you start with a bridge thought.

A bridge thought is the first step to crossing the river over to the other side. From where you are right now to the other side where you love everything about yourself.

Possibly that thought is:

"I am becoming the person who loves myself."

"I might be wrong about myself."

"Someday I will be able to love myself."

"I am open to the idea that I am fully beautiful."

"It's possible that I am perfectly created and wonderful."

Give it a try. Take the steps and please let me know how it feels.

Be open to the change my friend, take it from a former self hater, the result is worth the work.

_______________________________________

My Awaken(TheTrue)You program is for strong, success driven women who want to discover their true self, discover the missing key, find their purpose and then start building a legacy from pure power. I have made it may mission to show you how.

I'd love to offer a free call for you to work out whether or not my program and life changing promise is a fit for you. Either book your call now or send me an email with your availability before your subconscious primitive mind tells you to run and hide.

Please share this message with anyone who you think might benefit from hearing this message and I highly encourage you to get on my mailing list where I send out weekly tips on how to start building love and confidence within yourself.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your journey; I absolutely LOVE this post!

    ReplyDelete