Christine Bongiovanni-Stiff Coaching

Welcome to my blog page! I am a life coach who has been transforming the lives of women for over 30 years by showing them how to develop self confidence. You can book your free consultation coaching session or go check out my website. I look forward to changing your life, forever!

Four Reasons Why You Aren't Doing What You Want To Do


The old me would have told you that I just don't get to do all of the things I want to do because I just didn't have the time.

"I mean really, do you know what it's like to own and run your own successful business?!?"

Funny thing is that after thirty years of running my own successful business and now launching a shiny, brand new version of that business, I totally DO get to do all of the things I want to do.

What's different?

Well, it certainly isn't because there are less things to do in this business. Yes, it is less multi-faceted, for right now, but I also don't have a full time employee plus a handful of part-timers. It's all me.

I am what is different.

Over the past two years I have been doing the work of changing my life around because I decided two years ago that I wanted my life to be different. I was tired of being happy but yet at the same time, being completely unhappy. I desperately knew something had to change or I would be living the rest of my life in misery and that my friends, sounded miserable.


So what is the reason we don't do what we want to do? Well, here are just a few:

We are creating way too much drama in our life around all of the things.


  • We can't stand ourselves
  • There isn't enough time
  • There are too many things I HAVE to do
  • The kids...
  • The job...
  • We don't have enough money

Once we learn how to manage our minds, magically all of the drama starts to disappear.

We don't trust ourselves.


We tell ourselves, every day, how we're going to do all of the things. We come up with these crazy plans to do them all and then at the end of the day, when most of them aren't done, we beat ourselves up because we can't figure this out. 

We tell ourselves what a failure we are. 

We think about all of the people who do have their drama tied up and packaged neatly with a bow and then start all over the next day.

This cycle of letting ourselves down over and over is like that friend that never shows up to the party. You don't trust her to show up yet you still invite her.

This leads to the last reason.

We don't know how to make a decision ahead of time and then follow through.


We haven't learned how to just make a decision and move forward. We pride ourselves in "doing the research", coming up with the laundry list of why it won't work and then why it will. So much so that we never even make a decision, or by the time we do the opportunity is over. We just plain spend a whole lot of time and energy that could have been spent moving forward from a decision made earlier.

We are afraid to make a decision.

What I have learned is that making a quick decision feels completely amazing. It clears up your mind and allows you to start moving forward with all of your things. It's possible you will discover it was the wrong decision. Totally cool, now you can move forward in a new direction, nothing lost and everything gained.

We want to do it perfectly.


Perfectionism is such a lie.

If you have been priding yourself on being a perfectionist, please stop.

Perfectionism is the reason we don't move forward, it's why people procrastinate.

Fear of not doing something perfectly.

I actually used to feel bad when I thought "who cares, at least it's done", getting pulled into perfectionism by thinking I wasn't as good as those who claimed to be. Can you see how poor my self image and self trust was? This is so crazy to me now!

The book that totally released me from the perfectionism procrastination was Dan Sullivan's "The 80% Approach". Dan helped me to realize that I was putting my tasks off until the last minute and then truly only doing 80% work. Now I schedule the work, do it when I decided to do it and give it my 80%. Beautiful. It propels me forward and allows me to schedule shorter future times in my schedule to do another 80% a few times over.

Now that's pretty close to perfection, the easy way!

I actually could have WAY more than four reasons but for the sake of time I stopped here. My freedom program addresses them all!

If you are like I was and have a long list of things you want to do in this life but you're not getting any of them done, then I would love to have a conversation with you. Let me share how I am helping other amazing high performers like yourself truly discover themselves and confidently step into living it out. Send me an email or go schedule your free session today. Let's get this party started already!

Until we talk I send out a newsletter every week to help you do the work of feeling better in this life you're living, go opt in today so you don't miss a thing!



_______________________________________

My Awaken(TheTrue)You program is for strong, success driven women who want to discover their true self, discover the missing key, find their purpose and then start building a legacy from pure power. I have made it may mission to show you how.

I'd love to offer a free call for you to work out whether or not my program and life changing promise is a fit for you. Either book your call now or send me an email with your availability before your subconscious primitive mind tells you to run and hide.

Please share this message with anyone who you think might benefit from hearing this message and I highly encourage you to get on my mailing list where I send out weekly tips on how to start building love and confidence within yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment